I've got to say, I'm a firm believer now in the safety of a Nissan automobile. Last night on our way to childbirth class, I smacked a deer. Tricia and I were talking and I looked at her for about a split second and a deer decides to play chicken with me. I slammed the brakes and swerved to try to avoid the deer, but to no avail. I caught the deer right at my left (drivers side) headlight and it smushed up my grill, hood, and left front quarter panel. But, and most importantly, Tricia and I are both OK. We stopped to make sure that the car was driveable after the collision and went on to class. It's now in the shop and hopefully will be back to us in about a week and a half.
As I was coming back from the body shop this morning, sure enough the deer is in the weeds on the side of Route WW. I figure that if I can hit a deer, kill it, and my car and family are safe and all, Nissan's got to be a very safe car. I'm very impressed.
Thank goodness for full comprehensive auto insurance! I only wish that we didn't have such a hellacious hail storm this past week and that the body shops weren't swamped with other cars.
MK
Tricia's Two Cents
The funny part about this whole thing (if there is a funny part) is that right after it happened, Mike looked at me and said, "Did I just hit that deer? I don't think I really got it." It seemed pretty obvious to me that we hit something from the slight jolt we felt and after looking at the car it was pretty much determined that we did, in fact, hit the deer.
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Of Course I'm an Excellent Driver
Posted by
Mike
at
3/16/2006 10:43:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment