Thursday, June 28, 2007

Again?!

It stormed last night but it wasn't a violent storm, yet we woke up to find part of our tree in our driveway. Something similar happened to us the very first week we lived in this house with a different tree. Come to find out the trees are Bradford Pears and they are not very sturdy. I also found out today that Bradford Pears have a lifespan of around 20 years, which is probably about how old this particular tree is. So this morning I called around a couple of places to find out how much it would cost to have someone remove the tree from the driveway and was not super pleased with the prices. A friend of the babysitter was going to come over and do it for us after he got off of work for a much more reasonable cost until I heard a chainsaw outside while I was sitting in the living room. I looked out to see our neighbor cutting up our tree and placing the branches in his pickup. I quickly ran outside to thank him and he acted like we did him the favor by allowing him to play with his chainsaw! At this point I felt very bad because I had just complained about them this morning. You can't really tell from the pictures but they have 5 cars for 2 people - 3 of them are parked in the street which left us no room to park there today. (Once we got the cars out we weren't going to continue to drive in our other neighbor's grass to get back into the driveway.) So, I was badmouthing them about their multiple cars and then he goes and takes care of our tree problem. It just goes to show that if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all or something along those lines.

Anywho, here are some pictures of the fallen tree.




I also have a very cute picture of Libby. She is sitting in a chair that was mine when I was little. She loves this chair. She can climb into and out of it all by herself even though her feet don't touch the ground. She also will get into it and try to rock back and forth as best as she can.



TLA

No comments: