Thursday, January 29, 2009

On my soapbox....

This is what's wrong with kids today. I read this article in our local newspaper this morning and was pretty annoyed with this person's view. I'm sorry that they are so jealous that they couldn't go to the bowl game but suck it up! Certain jobs come with certain perks. I, for example, have my summers mostly open for family time. I don't get paid a lot and I don't get to go on company paid vacations but I don't have to work too much over the summer. It just amazes me when I hear an adult complain of something not being "fair". No wonder our children feel entitled to things that they have not worked for. We all make choices in life about what we want to do and those choices come with consequences - good or bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very similar to what I experienced in the army. RHIP.
Trish knows what that means.
Dad A

Babbel Family said...

This is not the only thing wrong with kids today. Parents have totally dropped the ball. Parents are giving kids everything they want and oh man I could go on and on and on!