Saturday, May 20, 2006

We're a growing family

We bought a new-used car today. I needed something newer really badly. My old car (a 1987 Nissan Maxima) was still in excellent condition but was just too small for me. I had to have Libby's car seat in the middle of the backseat which killed my back. Also the stroller took up pretty much the entire trunk of the car which meant that I couldn't even go grocery shopping if I had that in my car. Not to mention that putting the stroller in the car took almost more upper body strength than I have because the back of the car came up in the back forcing me to first lift the stroller up then lower it into the car. Anyway, I got a 2006 (it was a program car) Toyota Camry. I really like it and it has so much room in it that I can't even begin to describe it. I could pretty much live in the trunk it's so big - even with the stroller in it! Libby's carseat also easily fits into the backseat with tons of room. We could have 2 people riding in the back in addition to her if we wanted! It is a bit of a change though because my Maxima was much much smaller, but I think I can deal.



My old car was/is in such good condition that the guy that handles the financing at the dealership was thinking about buying it for his daughter before she goes to college. I think that would be great for someone in college. It really was a great car but now with Libby it just wasn't practical for my anymore and I am happy to have something that works better for us.

Mike is wanting something newer now too. It's easy to always want more than we have, I guess. Don't feel too bad for him though. We also got a used riding lawnmower today too and that's his toy. There was a neighborhood garage sale today and we got a heck of a deal on that too. Our yard is pretty big and it takes about 2-3 hours to cut the grass with the push mower so this was a needed purchase as well.

TLA

No comments: