Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Would it be too much to ask for some sunshine?

This was the 3rd day out of 4 this week of severe weather for us in mid-MO. Mike had to take shelter at work for almost 2 hours. I had to take shelter for over an hour at work. The girls took shelter at daycare for over an hour. Crazy. I was stuck in my office with 40 kindergarteners and 2 other teachers. One of the teachers is terrified of storms and so am I, so we are not a good match together. We learned this earlier in the year when we had to take shelter. She and I spend the time shushing the kids and checking our cell phones. Trying to get reception out in the country and check on our families. Mike emailed me at one point and said that he'd heard the area where our house is was going to get hit hard. Luckily he was wrong. Our house is fine and so are we.


Libby thought it was a fun adventure today. Her teacher had to wake them up from nap to get them into the storage room. Libby didn't want to go. She wanted to go look out the window. What a hard headed little girl! I think she was still half asleep though and probably didn't completely understand. I guess all Brynn wanted to do was walk around with her blanket.

On a completely un-related note: I now have children who not only like Justin Bieber but they also like Miley Cyrus. I have preschoolers with tween musical tastes.

No comments: