Monday, May 04, 2009

Wish Us Luck

Libby went to school today wearing big girl underwear. She almost refused to but when I reminded her that all of her friends do she decided it was time. I called at lunch to see how it was going and they said she was still in them. She'd had a few accidents but was doing pretty good all in all. Her preschool is very understanding and helpful through this whole process and I couldn't be more grateful. It's teacher appreciation week and I think now more than ever I need to do something to appreciate them!

This morning Libby picked out some clothes, put them on, and then decided she didn't want to wear them. She needed help because there were buttons on the back of her shirt and she went to Mike to ask for help but he was busy. Then she came to me crying saying she needed help and I was busy. After she asked about 10 times I told her pretty bluntly that I couldn't help her yet and would when I was done. Then she said, "I need my sister!" Mike asked her if she thought her sister would be able to hep her and she said, "No. I just want to cry with her." Not too much longer and that will probably be the truth!

No comments: